• Named a U.S. News and World Report Best Value—one of only three public universities in the South. UTC also ranked in the Top Tier of Regional Master’s Universities in the South.
• "One of America's Best Mid-Sized Cities" - The Washington Post
• Named a 2013 College of Distinction for student engagement, great teaching, vibrant communities, and successful outcomes.
• Voted Best College or University in the Chattanooga Times Free Press 2012 Best of the Best poll.
• Named 'Best Town Ever' by readers of Outside Magazine.
• "One of the Six Cities Worldwide that Work at Creating Great Urban Experiences." - U.S. New and World Report
What makes coming to UTC and Chattanooga a great idea?
FOOD: Moon Pies; Little Debbies; Double Cola; Coca Cola --Chattanooga bottled the first coke and is the home of the famous Little Debbie food cakes.
ENVIRONMENT/OUTDOORS: More than 300 kinds of trees and 900 varieties of wildflowers—more than anywhere except central China-- The Tennessee River Gorge--the Grand Canyon of Tennessee.
HISTORY: The start of the Cherokee Nation’s Trail of Tears and the numerous Civil War battlefields and monuments, including the Chickamauga Battlefield—the site of the bloodiest battle of the Civil War
FUN: a hand-built carrousel in Coolidge Park; The Incline, the steepest passenger railway in the world; and you can’t forget Rock City and Ruby Falls.
EDUCATION: UTC has strong programs in Business, Engineering, and Fine Arts.
Check out our website: www.utc.edu or go to Chattanooga’s: http://www.chattanoogafun.com/